WSO2 is looking for a Systems Engineer to work with the team in supporting WSO2 Developer Operations. This includes managing the setting up of WSO2 solutions for customers, implementing tools to automate operations work, and supporting Continuous Delivery efforts. As this is a varied and complex role, we expect our ideal candidate to demonstrate a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies. Interacting with customers is a key responsibility in this role and we expect our ideal candidate to possess excellent communication skills.
- Maintain enterprise deployments of WSO2 solutions for customers
- Analyze logs and identify potential issues in the deployments
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments
- Perform and automate backups and routine audits
- Apply system updates, patches, and configuration changes and automate them
- Document the configuration of the system
- Troubleshoot any reported problems
- System performance tuning
- Ensure fault tolerance of the deployments
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Equivalent or with a minimum of 1-2 years of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of Linux and open source software
- Comprehensive understanding of "Unix-like" Systems
- Familiarity with AWS and/or Azure platforms
- Experience with performance management, monitoring, and problem identification and resolution
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization/Cloud technologies
- Sound scripting and language skills with Perl/Python/Ruby are a must
- The ability to be able to troubleshoot complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Assist the team leaders with technical and administrative tasks
- Work unsupervised on several activities concurrently, taking ownership and prioritizing accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.