Careers - Sri Lanka
Technical Lead - Ballerina Team
Ballerina is an open source programming language and platform for cloud-era application programmers to easily write software that just works. The Ballerina team at WSO2 is working on expanding features of Ballerina and looking for passionate engineers who would like to be a part of our exciting Journey. As a member of our team, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to build innovative technologies that inspire developers to produce state-of-the-art software. This is a great opportunity for you to contribute to open source as well as build your own brand by publishing your work as research papers, articles, and personal blogs.
By joining the Ballerina team, you would get the opportunity to work on one or many of the following areas based on your expertise and interest.
- Build or extend Ballerina compiler front-end and mid-level phases or code generation and optimization for JVM and native platforms.
- Design and implement Ballerina Standard Library which varies from modules such as file I/O, database, security, math, task to modules such as socket, HTTP transport, gRPC transport, etc.
- Design and implement Ballerina developer tools which vary from IDE Plugins, Kubernetes and Docker Support, language tools such as linters, formatters, and IntelliSense support, Ballerina Central, and other developer utilities.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Solid skills and experiences in one or two programming languages.
- Ability to design and implement solutions adhering to overall architecture and system design goals including performance, security, scalability, quality of code, etc.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a small team, delegate and follow-up on work assigned.
- Ability to mentor junior members in engineering best practices and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, articulate in both written and verbal communication.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking.
- Desire to learn, explore, and drive solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work with a culture of learning, prototyping, and experimentation.
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java, or Rust.
- Experience in compiler front-end, mid-level analysis, and optimizations.
- Experience in working with LLVM-family compiler technology.
- Experience in high-performance application development, network programming.
- Experience in UI development with React or other JS frameworks.
- Experience in Kubernetes and Docker.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.