Careers - Sri Lanka
Technical Lead (System Architecture & Performance) - CTO Office
WSO2’s CTO Office has a vacancy for a Technical Lead (System Architecture & Performance).
WSO2 products are often run in performance sensitive environments. Performance is a critical competitive advantage for us too. To study performance deeply and assist product teams, WSO2 has a dedicated performance team that is part of the research team under CTO Office. Several of our work has led to peer reviewed research papers in venues such as ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) , International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE), and International Conference on Distributed and Event-Based Systems (DEBS).
The candidate will be given the opportunity to learn about performance in-depth including distributed systems, high performance server architectures, performance theory, troubleshooting skills, and performance tools.
- Learn new performance ideas and architectures, educate, and help their adoption
- Provide guidance with product performance tests
- Help the support team with non-trivial performance issues
- Develop performance tools and scripts to be used widely both within products and support teams
- Write about performance best practices and build recognition
The ideal candidate would have 2-3 years of work experience, be a strong java programmer, possess the willingness to learn, and have critical thinking and troubleshooting skills. Since much of the research undertaken by the research team is related to performance, he/ she can also work closely with the research team and participate in publications when relevant.