Careers - Sri Lanka
Technical Lead - WSO2 Open Banking
The WSO2 Open Banking team is looking for a top-notch Technical Lead who is passionate, has excellent domain competency in architecture and design, and has strong leadership and communication skills to manage small sub-teams within the OB team while owning the WSO2 Open Banking solution.
If you think you have what it takes and are interested in being part of our highly motivated team, don't hesitate to forward your CV.
- Expert level competency in architecture and design.
- Ability to architect solutions with the WSO2 platform at a level equivalent to a QSP lead.
- Ability to conduct architecture reviews of the product and other complementing WSO2 products.
- The level of contribution must be more at shaping the vision, architecture, and design of the product and associated areas in the WSO2 Open Banking solution.
- Be able to verify the designs and implementations in sync with platform semantics.
- Handles large-scale technical debt and refactoring.
- Shapes coding methodologies and best practices.
- Participates in code reviews and can sign-off on large features.
- Has subject matter expertise on multiple components. Has a strong understanding of all products relevant to your own areas of expertise.
- Brings in structure to the work context.
- Initiates ideas and looks into previously neglected areas of the codebase.
- Spends time on setting team goals and deliverables.
- Identifies bottlenecks in the process and roadblocks to success for your team and solves these issues.
- Thinks about non-functional requirements, maintainability of the software, scalability, and stability.
Ownership and Leadership
- Contribute to the vision of the WSO2 platform.
- Research on functional and technical improvements in products.
- Bring in new ideas on improving customer experiences, the WSO2 platform, and technologies.
- Mentor the team to ensure smooth operations in the release, support, and customer engagement spaces.
- Be a QSP lead.
- Makes room for others to shine and help them succeed.
- Resolves conflicts within the team and maintains a functional team.
- Ability to evangelise WSO2 Open Banking.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience with 6-8 years of industry experience.
- Strong working competency in technology domains, programming languages, and software architecture.
- Highly proficient in Java, OpenID, FAPI, SSO, LDAP, AD, OAuth2, SAML, JWT, React, REST, SOAP, and microservices.
- Strong advocate of technology methodologies including Agile, CI/CD, and automation.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and prior experience working with Cloud IaaS or PaaS providers, such as AWS, will be an added advantage.
- Being able to operate in a fuzzy environment.
- Given a large, poorly understood problem, can explore the solution space to determine the correct course of action.
- Participates in and supports initiatives outside of the main area of responsibility.
- Owns part of the product.
- Ability to manage a team of 10 - 20 people and evaluate their performance.
WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.