WSO2 was founded in 2005. Our open source, API-first, and decentralized approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud.
WSO2 employs over 650 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies.
Visit wso2.com and follow WSO2 on LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
Today, hundreds of the world’s largest corporations, top universities, and governments rely on WSO2’s open source, cloud-native solutions to drive their digital transformation—executing over 6 trillion transactions annually. Using WSO2 for API management, integration, and customer identity and access management, these organizations are harnessing the full power of their APIs to securely deliver the digital services and applications powering their businesses. WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide and has offices in the US, the UK, Australia, Brazil, Germany, and Sri Lanka.
We are looking for an energetic, innovative, and experienced individual to help us bring a new generation of solutions to market and double our revenues in the next two years, and to become IPO ready. As a (Senior) Vice President Corporate Development, you will report to and work alongside the Chief Executive Officer and take responsibility for spearheading WSO2's corporate development efforts and deepening the business impact on new and existing markets for digital transformation. As a result, you will be a key contributor to the company's growth.
You will be responsible for identifying, developing, and executing business-level strategies that drive revenue and market share growth within the company. You will do so by undertaking strategic market analysis, fostering relationships with external partners, and sourcing, negotiating, and executing strategic acquisitions, investments, and partnerships. These efforts will ultimately fuel WSO2's immediate and long-term growth trajectory.
WSO2 also has repeatedly gained recognition for its industry-leading technology. This includes being named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: API Management Solutions, Q3 2020 report; ranking as the #1 open source/open core application integration suite vendor by revenue and market share, and earning Leader positions in the KuppingerCole Leadership Compass reports for IAM, Identity API Platforms, and Access Management and Federation.
- Develop strategic analyses, prospective plans, and roadmaps for WSO2's inorganic growth in the middleware technology market.
- Oversee the requisite due diligence for a variety of deal structures, such as acquisitions, investments, partnerships, joint ventures, and divestitures.
- Foster relationships with relevant stakeholders, including bankers, brokers, investors, and industry experts to direct and perform market analysis, build the market landscape, and identify opportunities, practices, and resources.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and implement the M&A pipeline, due diligence, and negotiation/closing processes.
- Manage and support the post-acquisition integration process for future deals.
- Identify high-level gaps in resources (people) across the company.
- Travel as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field, at least 5 years of experience in a similar capacity, and 15+ successful years in a supervisory position—along with experience in financial assessment.
- Demonstrated success leading M&A transactions and investments within IT products or services. Preference given for any transactions done within the integration space.
- A charismatic, executive-level presence with the ability to establish relationships with key stakeholders, including the ability to present succinctly and clearly in both written and verbal communication.
- Strong financial and commercial analytical skills that drive results, including the capacity to quickly understand new markets and relevant operational and financial dynamics.
- A track record of successfully integrating new acquisitions from both a financial and operational perspective.
In Addition to a Competitive Compensation Package, WSO2 Offers:
- A work culture and environment where we value both hard work AND flexibility.
- A sensible vacation/leave plan that fits your needs.
- Health insurance for you and your family.
- 401K matching.
Diversity Drives Innovation
We’ve built our business on a commitment to diversity and inclusion. We believe it’s important to foster an environment that values and respects each individual’s strengths, perspectives, and ideas. Doing so not only drives innovation; it also ensures that we can create superior experiences for our customers, partners, and employees worldwide. We value the diversity of our team regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran or marital status, and we do not tolerate any form of discrimination.