Choreo iPaaS: The Integration Platform-as-a-Service for Developers
- Asanka Abeyweera
- 22 Feb, 2023
Businesses today rely on a wide range of systems and applications to run their day-to-day operations, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and human resources management (HRM) systems. These systems often store and process critical business data like customer information, financial transactions, and inventory levels. However, managing and integrating these different systems and applications can be complex and time-consuming because:
- Data may be stored in multiple systems, making it difficult to access, analyze, and utilize effectively.
- Various systems may have different data structures and formats, making integration even more challenging.
- Businesses often have different workflows, processes, and teams that need to access and use data stored in these systems, which can lead to delays, errors, and lost time.
To address these challenges, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of Choreo iPaaS, an innovative solution that enables developers to easily and quickly integrate on-premise and cloud-based systems and applications. You can choose the development tools that work best for you and manage all your integrations within one platform. It doesn’t matter whether you use the Ballerina language, a low-code editor like WSO2 Integration Studio, or any other programming language.
Choreo iPaaS also offers a robust set of management and monitoring tools that provide visibility into the health and performance of your integrations. It is a true multi-cloud integration solution, supporting seamless integration between cloud and on-premises systems, as well as between multiple clouds. This means you can connect and manage your data and systems with ease, no matter where they reside. With its enterprise-grade full lifecycle API management and robust security features, you can be rest assured that your integrations are reliable, secure, and always up to the task. With all these features, you and your team can focus on your core business requirements and improve overall efficiency without having to directly manage the internal developer platform.
Features of Choreo iPaaS
Choreo iPaaS offers several unique and powerful features that sets it apart from other integration platforms in the market. These include:
- Ability to work with integrations as code: Choreo iPaaS allows you to define integrations as code, making it easier to maintain and manage integrations over time. With the flexibility of using multiple integration development options, including polyglot integrations and low-code integrations, you can pick and choose the best integration toolset for your needs and manage everything within the same platform.
- Powerful connectivity: With support for thousands of connectors like HTTP APIs (OpenAPI), event APIs (AsyncAPI), GraphQL services, legacy systems, and data stores, you can easily move data to and from any system. And with the ability to share credentials in an environment-sensitive way, you can govern which integration projects have access to which systems, ensuring a secure and controlled integration process.
- Develop with tools you love: With Choreo iPaaS, you can continue to use the tools you already know and love. By treating integrations as code, the development process can effortlessly integrate into your existing developer workflow, bringing benefits such as version control and collaboration via GitHub code repositories. Additionally, as everything is written in code, you have the option to enhance your integration work with AI tools like GitHub copilot.
- Native support for Ballerina, the integration language: Ballerina is a unique and powerful programming language, designed specifically for network-oriented integration. Whether you prefer to work with code or visual representations, Ballerina offers the best of both worlds with its code-as-picture representation. The language enables you to edit the data mapping as text or as a visual, and even reuse mappings-as-a-service for greater efficiency.
- Multi-cloud support: You can deploy your integrations to any cloud, including Azure, AWS, and GCP, to keep them close to their dependencies while managing and operating them from one central platform. Additionally, Choreo iPaaS allows you to safely access legacy systems, existing APIs, data sources, and events as part of your integrations without having to navigate complex network security protocols. With one-click cloud native deployment and private data plane capabilities, Choreo iPaaS provides a flexible and secure solution for all your integration needs.
- Integrated API management and security: Choreo iPaaS gives you full control over your API management, allowing you to easily expose your integrations as managed APIs and promote reuse through the Choreo marketplace. With built-in identity management, either through WSO2’s identity provider Asgardeo, or your own identity provider, you can ensure secure access to your integrations with authentication and authorization. Deploy your integrations with peace of mind in a zero-trust environment with mTLS, RBAC, and more. Take your API management to the next level, with the ability to manage your integrations across multiple environments, regions, clouds, and even within different project teams and organizational structures.
- Provide a complete developer platform solution: Choreo iPaaS facilitates self-service integration development to improve developer productivity. The advanced observability features in Choreo iPaaS allow you to monitor and troubleshoot integrations in real-time, including deep-dive analytics and AI-based anomaly detection. The deployment and operation of integrations on Kubernetes are made easy and effortless, requiring no complex DevOps skills. .
An Example of an Integration Scenario with Choreo iPaaS
One of the most common use-cases for Choreo iPaaS is integrating different systems and applications within an organization. For example, imagine a retail company wants to integrate its e-commerce platform, inventory management system, and financial systems. Using Choreo iPaaS, the company can easily create and manage integration flows that connect these different systems and synchronize data between them. This is illustrated by Figure 1 below.
Figure 1: Integration Solution Architecture
In this scenario, Choreo iPaaS would be used to create and manage integration flows that connect each system. The integration flows would be designed to perform tasks such as:
- Synchronizing product data between the e-commerce platform and inventory management system to ensure that the same information is available in both systems.
- Automatically updating inventory levels in the inventory management system when an order is placed on the e-commerce platform.
- Automatically generating invoices and sending them to the financial systems when an order is fulfilled.
Using Choreo iPaaS, the retail company could seamlessly create and manage these integration flows, without the need for a complex infrastructure setup or a dedicated integration team. This would also enhance data precision and make its business processes more efficient.
Don't let integration challenges hold you back any longer. Start taking advantage of the power of Choreo iPaaS today, and see the difference it can make for your business. We’re ready to help you get started with writing your own integrations. Sign up for free today and experience the efficiency and productivity improvements that it can bring to your organization. You can also request a demo or contact us so we can help you understand how Choreo iPaaS can meet your enterprise’s integration needs.