Customize the Developer Portal Domain¶
A custom domain for your site is essential for effective branding, discoverability, and credibility. Choreo allows you to configure a custom domain for your organization's developer portal.
Follow the steps below to configure the custom domain for the Developer Portal:
- Sign in to the Choreo Console at https://console.choreo.dev/ using a Google/ GitHub/ Microsoft account.
If you are a new user, create an organization. Enter a unique organization name. For example, "Stark Industries".
Obtain a custom domain through a domain registrar.
- Through your DNS administrator, create a
CNAMEtype DNS record and associate it with the Choreo Developer Portal custom access domain:
- Optionally, create TLS certificates and keys to enable TLS for the custom domain. For testing purposes, you can also opt to use the
let's encryptoption. This option allows Choreo to create and manage the certificates on your behalf.
Configure a custom domain for your Choreo Developer Portal¶
- Click Settings on the left navigation menu.
- Click the Domains tab and then click on the Developer Portal tab.
- Click Add Custom Domain.
- Enter your domain name and click Verify. Once Choreo verifies the custom domain successfully, click Next.
- Add the TLS certificates you created for the custom domain and click Add. Alternatively, you can click the Let's Encrypt option to let Choreo generate and manage the certificates for you. However, we recommend you use Let's Encrypt for testing only.
That's it! You have successfully configured a custom domain for your organization's Choreo Developer Portal.Top