Configure Developer Portal Self-Sign-Up¶
Choreo allows you to configure self-sign-up to enable users to access your Developer Portal via a self-sign-up page.
This page walks you through the steps to configure self-sign-up to the Developer Portal.
- Sign in to the Choreo Console at https://console.choreo.dev/ using your Google, GitHub, or Microsoft account.
If you are a new user, create an organization with a unique organization name. For example, "Stark Industries".
- Click Settings in the left navigation menu of the Choreo Console.
Click Copy Handle to copy the organization handle to the clipboard.
Go to the Asgardeo sign-up page and register using the same email address/user account you used to sign up with Choreo.
You must sign up to Asgardeo with the same email address/user account you used to sign in to Choreo because the organization name is reserved for that user account.
In the Organization Name field, paste the organization handle that you copied from the Settings page in Choreo.
Click Create. This creates a new organization so that you can proceed to access your workspace.
Send an email similar to the following to [email protected] requesting to configure enterprise IdP for the Developer Portal of your organization.
Be sure you mention the organization name or handle in the request.
Subject : [Stark Industries] Configure enterprise IdP for Developer Portal
Hi CS team,
I need to configure enterprise IdP for my organization’s Developer Portal to enable self-sign-up. Can you please do the necessary configurations to proceed? My organization details are as follows: - Organization name: Stark Industries - Organization handle: starkindustries
The Choreo support team will perform the necessary configurations and respond to you.
On receiving the response, sign in to your Asgardeo account and click View all applications.
You will see an application named WSO2_LOGIN_FOR_CHOREO_DEV_PORTAL.
Click on the application to edit it and enter your organization’s Developer Portal URL as the Access URL of the application. For example,
- Click Update.
To add user attributes, follow these steps:
- Click the User Attributes tab and click + Add User Attribute.
- Select Email, First Name, and Last Name as the attributes to share with the application.
- Click Save.
Select Email as a mandatory attribute and click Update.
To add the user attributes as OpenID Connect scopes, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation menu, click Manage and then click Scopes in the left navigation menu.
- Click OpenID and then click + New Attribute.
- Select Email, First Name, and Last Name as the attributes to associate with the OpenID scope.
Click Save and then click Save Changes.
To configure basic authentication as the sign-in method, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation menu, click Develop and then click WSO2_LOGIN_FOR_CHOREO_DEV_PORTAL to edit the application details.
Click the Sign-in Method tab and then click Start with default configuration.
To configure self-registration, follow these steps:
- In the top navigation menu, click Manage and then click Self Registration in the left navigation menu.
- To enable self-registration, turn on the toggle.
- Select Account verification.
- Update the value of the Account verification link expiry time depending on your requirement.
Once you complete these steps, the Choreo support team will perform the final self-sign-up configuration, and you will see a sign-up link similar to the following in your Developer Portal:
Users can click LOGIN/SIGN UP and then click Create an account to sign up to your Developer Portal without having to send you a request to register them.