APIs are important for successful digitization, where communication is standardized and speaks the same language to quickly and agile build new services, applications and solutions. Equally important is having an API Manager supporting API publishing, lifecycle management, application development, access control, rate limiting and analytics in one cleanly integrated system.
Mobile BankID is an e-ID for mobile phones and tablets. With a mobile BankID you can legitimize and make electronic signatures. To increase security, multi-factor authentication can be applied where BankID is combined with text or email. WSO2 Identity Server effectively solve complexity with BankID and multifactor authentication as well as managing corporate application, services, and APIs.
The fundamental difference between customer identity and access management (CIAM) and employee IAM, is that if the user experience doesn’t meet expectations, unlike employees within your organization, customers can easily turn to a competitor. If your customer CIAM solution is undesirably restrictive, it can detract from customer experience badly. On the other hand, if it’s not restrictive enough it compromises your security.
Who should attend?
CIO, Business Managers, Architects, Cheif Architects and IT-Managers
In this workshop we will explore the following topics:
- When should BankID be used, how can it be used?
- When is it appropriate to use multi-factor authentication?
- Why is APIs and API Managment important for digitalisation?
- Example of APIs and API Management for digitalisation?
- What is CIAM and why is it important for digital transformation?
- Examples of a centralised identity management platform