The new WSO2 Enterprise Integrator (WSO2 EI) 7.0 is the only open-source hybrid integration platform that enables API-centric integration using integration architecture styles such as microservices, cloud-native, or centralized ESB. The platform provides a choice of approaches for either code-driven or graphical, drag-and-drop/configuration-driven integration.
Cloud- and Container-native Microservices
- Ballerina simplifies system integrations by offering high-level abstractions to represent services, endpoints, and network data types.
- Native integration with containers, Docker, Kubernetes, and a variety of other container-management platforms.
- A community-driven vibrant ecosystem of developers.
- Discover a large number of reusable modules freely available at Ballerina Central.
SaaS Systems, Enterprise Systems, Services, and Protocol Support
- The platform includes a variety of connectors across categories such as payments, CRM, ERP, social networks, and legacy systems.
- It also supports HTTP, HTTPS, WebSocket, gRPC, POP, IMAP, SMTP, and many more transports.
- Formats and protocols: JSON, XML, SOAP, and more.
- Ships with adapters to COTS systems, such as SAP BAPI and IDoc, IBM WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ, and MSMQ.
Connect and Expose Any Data Store as a Service
- Supports any RDBMS, CSV, Excel, ODS, Cassandra, MongoDB, Google Spreadsheets, RDF, and any web page.
- Supports the OData v4 protocol for RDBMS and Cassandra data sources.
- Supports MSSQL, DB2, Oracle, OpenEdge, TerraData, MySQL, PostgreSQL/EnterpriseDB, H2, Derby, or any database with a JDBC driver.
- Supports nested queries across data sources.
- Includes a declarative programming model for defining services and resources.
- An XML-based Domain Specific Language with no Java code to be written.
Route, Mediate, and Transform Data
- Routing: header-based, content-based, rule-based, and priority-based routing.
- Mediation: support for all enterprise integration patterns (EIPs), database integration, event stream-based integration, logging, auditing, validation, etc.
- Transformation: XSLT 1.0/2.0, XPath, XQuery and Smooks.
- Visual Data Mapping: Mapping input data into output data visually.
Achieve High Performance, High Availability, Scalability, and Stability
- Supports 1000s of concurrent non-blocking HTTP(S) connections per server.
- Pure streaming and on-demand processing of messages.
- Sub-millisecond latency for high-throughput scenarios.
- Supports highly available deployment.
- Enables horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture.
- Ensures long-term execution stability with low resource utilization.
- Ensure load balancing for scalability and failover for high availability of business endpoints.
Ensure Lightweight, Developer-Friendly, and Easy Deployment
- Tracing and debugging message mediation.
- Get declarative development with configuration instead of code.
- Enable easy configuration of fault tolerant mediations with support for error handling.
- Extend the configuration language with custom DSLs via templates.
- Develop and deploy via standard tools.
Manage, Monitor, and Analyze
- A comprehensive monitoring dashboard or a web console.
- Built-in collection and monitoring of statistics for system access, performance, and statistics for all artifact types.
- Trace message mediation flows and identify bottlenecks.
- Publish data to intuitive visual dashboards or create your own.
- Support for integration to enterprise logging systems.