WSO2 Tungsten 1.0 Alpha released!
By wso2 wso2
- 20 Feb, 2006
The XML-based Web services platform is the only enterprise application integration platform that is completely open and widely supported across the industry. Based on the concept of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), the Web services specifications support secure, reliable and transactional integration via a loosely coupled model. Many vendors have "bolted on" support for XML and Web services to their existing proprietary products solutions. WSO2 has created a new platform that cuts out unnecessary layers – supporting the full WS stack in a simple, clean, lightweight model: making it much easier to develop, deploy and run applications.
WSO2 Tungsten is an application server for Web services. With its built in high-performance Web server, full support for XML, SOAP, WSDL, and support for reliable, secure communications, Tungsten makes it simple and effective to create, consume and manage Web services.
Tungsten can be used in a number of different scenarios:
- Exposing existing or new business application as Web services
- Building reliable messaging links within or across enterprises
- Serving as the host for lightweight browser applications using the AJAX model
- Integrating with .NET, J2EE, CICS, SAP and other platforms
- Full support for the key Web services standards:
- SOAP, WSDL, WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Security
- Interoperates with Microsoft .NET, Windows Communications Framework (Indigo), IBM WebSphere, BEA Weblogic
- A unified approach to supporting:
- SOAP, XML/HTTP, REST, multi-transport support for SOAP (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, JMS)
- RSS support makes it easy to manage and monitor your server through your browser or feed aggregator.
- Manageable and monitorable through JMX and browser
- Unified browser-based administration makes it simple to configure reliability, security and advanced features
- Available as a standalone lightweight server, or embeddable inside IBM WebSphere and BEA WebLogic.
- Fully open source with the majority of the source available under the Apache Software License.
WSO2 Tungsten is a full open source product. WSO2 is a leading contributor to the Apache Software Foundation's Web Services project, and through a combination of leading open source components together with their own integration code WSO2 offers production quality open source products. All integration code – including a unified management console - is available under the Apache Software License v2.0.
For information about WSO2 and Tungsten see www.wso2.com