WSO2 Carbon is a complete, OSGi-based platform. The WSO2 Carbon core framework functions as “Eclipse for servers” and includes common capabilities shared by all WSO2 products such as built-in registry, user management, transports, security, logging, and more.
WSO2 Carbon has redefined the middleware space by providing an integrated and componentized middleware platform that adapts to specific enterprise needs - on premise or in the cloud, and is 100% open source and standards based. The unique design and architecture of WSO2 Carbon will enable businesses to
- Adopt new parts of the WSO2 platform with minimum disruption.
- Fit the platform architecture according to the current business and IT architecture.
- Reap the benefit of shorter learning curves and accelerated delivery by means of shared platform components that are re-used across products.
Join Kasun Gajasinghe, Senior Software Engineer at WSO2, to learn about the features and functionality of the latest release of the WSO2 Carbon platform. He will cover
- Carbon Clustering improvements - Hazelcast version upgrades, and stabilization efforts.
- SVN-based Deployment Synchronizer improvements.
- Plugable log providers for LogViewer UI.
- Tenant deletion support.
- Using Java Security Manager with Carbon multi-tenancy.
- CApp and artifact ghost deployment improvements.
- Global cluster cache invalidation on remote Greg mounts.
Senior Software Engineer, WSO2
Kasun joined WSO2 in December 2011. He is a senior software engineer and focuses on the development efforts of WSO2 Carbon. In addition to his product development efforts he has provided technology consulting for several onsite customer engagements.