Getting Started with WSO2 VMware Images
By Chintana Wilamuna
- 18 Nov, 2009
WSO2 VMware Images helps you to try our products inside your virtualized environments without having to go through the trouble of installation and configuration. Download an image and get your hands on cutting edge, lightweight SOA middleware right away!
Download the latest VMware image from here - https://wso2.com/cloud/virtual-machines/vmware/
- Unzip the VMware image to the VMware image store. By default this is C:\Virtual Machines in Windows and /var/lib/vmware/Virtual Machines in Linux.
- If you have installed VMware server on your machine, you can goto the web console by going into https://localhost:8333/ui. If you have installed VMware server on another machine please give the address of that machine instead of localhost.
- After that, you can select the virtual machine from the inventory list and start it like any other machine.
- When you're starting the machine, if you're asked whether the image was copied or moved, please select that "I _moved it" and click ok.
- Every virtual machine is configured to use DHCP.
- Once a machine boots up, the product that's bundled with it will be started automatically.
- Product administration console can be accessed through https://<ip>:9443/carbon. Management console credentials,
- username: admin
- password: admin
- If you want to configure the VMware instance,
- username: ubuntu
- password: ubuntu
- We strongly encourage you to change the default passwords immediately (password for the management console as well as the OS) once you've started the machine if you're hosting this on a VMware Server on a networked environment.
- VMware images are shipped with Ubuntu Server 9.10 (64-bit) as the OS. You might need a 64-bit CPU supporting Intel VT/AMD-V extensions to install this as a guest OS inside VMware.
- These are created and tested on VMware Server 2.0.1 - 156745.
Chintana Wilamuna, Senior Software Engineer, WSO2, [email protected]