What is a business process? A series of steps that need to be performed in order to provide goods or services. Processes that used to be performed by humans are becoming increasingly automated by enterprise IT, allowing them to be performed more quickly and reliably and at much greater scale. But there can be unintended consequences - reverberation of failures, lack of accountability, an inability to handle situations outside the norm.
So why are business processes challenging to get right? Getting it right often means striking a good balance between automation and using the wisdom and flexibility of the human mind. But the technologies and systems for automating interactions which include humans differs substantially from automating interactions among software applications. This gulf has been difficult to bridge. Until now.
The recent introduction of two new standards in this space - BPEL4People and WS-Human Task - enables organizations to extend automated systems smoothly to include human interaction. WSO2 supports these new capabilities in the latest release of the WSO2 Business Process Server.
Your presenter, Milinda Pathirage, will cover the following topics:
- Scenarios highlighting business process involving humans
- Insights into BPEL4People and WS-Human Tasks
- Overview of the WSO2 Business Process Server
- Review of the new human-interaction features of the latest version of the WSO2 BPS
Who should attend:
- Architects and developers expanding their toolkit to include business processes
- Business process analysts
- Consultants and analysts specializing in SOA
Milinda Pathirage is product manager for the WSO2 Business Process Server and is an active contributor for Apache ODE project. He brings a wealth of knowledge on business processes and how enterprises leverage these technologies today.
You can view/download screen-cast/presentation slides from here.