Enterprise systems generate many events according to various user actions. Purchase order transactions, user login details, and stock quote price changes are some events that can contain useful data. Complex event processing (CEP) provides the opportunity to immediately identify interesting event occurrences, and take prompt action to ensure maximum use of that event and event patterns. As it is an emerging technology in data processing, many enterprises struggle however to achieve real time processing that is both efficient and capable of seamlessly integrating to complex SOA environments. Enterprises most often spend more time and effort building tightly coupled solutions that are not SOA friendly.
The WSO2 CEP Server monitors an SOA environment, and identifies meaningful patterns, relationships and data abstractions among apparently unrelated events, and fires an immediate response enabling enterprises to take immediate action.
In this introductory webinar on the WSO2 CEP Server, Suhothayan (Suho) Sriskandarajah will describe
- What is complex event processing.
- How CEP integrates into the SOA environment.
- How CEP can be combined with Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) for future processing.
- How the WSO2 CEP Server achieves high availability, persistence and scalability.
- Capabilities of the WSO2 CEP Server in addressing critical data processing needs.
- The Siddhi Runtime complex event processing engine.
Suho will also talk about a few common business use cases and illustrate these use cases through a demo.
Suho joined WSO2 in December 2011. He is a software engineer working in the Data technologies team where he mainly focuses on the WSO2 Complex Event Processing Server. In addition to his product development efforts he has provided technology consulting on customer engagements, including customer QuickStart programs mainly focused on SAP integration.