WSO2 Product Release Webinar - WSO2 Stratos 2.0: Your All-in-One Cloud Platform - Thursday, February 28, 2013
By Kushlani De Silva
- 28 Feb, 2013
When deploying an application platform technology (web server or enterprise service bus), and multiple languages (PHP, Ruby, Perl etc.), on a cloud platform, the obvious choice is the most efficient one with minimum hassle in the deployment process. Understanding the core components of the platform, and how these components work together to provide desired cloud benefits such as load handling, security, scalability, failover handling, and automatic backups, help to make a better decision.
WSO2 Stratos 2.0 is a Cloud platform that can be deployed on-premises or in the Cloud. WSO2 Stratos is capable of hosting
- Any application server: JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic.
- Language container: Ruby and PHP.
- WSO2 multi-tenant application platform services: WSO2 ESB, WSO2 Application Server, WSO2 Identity Server, WSO2 Governance Registry, WSO2 Business Activity Monitor.
The layered architecture of WSO2 Stratos provides all the benefits expected of a cloud platform. It’s lower layer can communicate with many cloud PaaS platforms popular today. The middle layer consists of all the core services such as Identity Server, Elastic Load Balancer, Business Activity Monitoring, Billing and Metering, and Storage Services that are available for any top level user application. The topmost layer consist of components called Cartridges that provide the runtime for your own cloud services and applications.
In this webinar we will
- Discuss WSO2’s new Cloud architecture and inherent multi-tenant Cloud platform.
- Explore how this architecture caters to the needs of users who want to move their applications to the cloud.
- Demonstrate deploying a web application into a WSO2 application server cartridge. This will include how your application can derive all the benefits of Stratos 2.0 without any additional coding.
Join Damitha Kumarage on this webinar If you are interested in learning about different cloud use cases and the new WSO2 Stratos 2.0 architecture.