Enterprise Use Case Webinar - WSO2 ESB Integration with REST - Wednesday, May 29, 2013
By Kushlani De Silva
- 29 May, 2013
The lightweight RESTful Web service architectural style is widely adopted today due to its simplicity. RESTful designs deal with resources, states and the transfer of representational state between systems. This has enabled the new API concept as a powerful feature, allowing developers to define REST APIs in the ESB without writing any additional code.
Exposing your enterprise applications as RESTful APIs and then managing these APIs however bring in new challenges.
- What is the proper mechanism to secure a REST service?.
- How can thousands of APIs be managed effectively? .
- can you effectively cater to the data consumption needs of today?.
- How can you seamlessly integrate existing Web services following a RESTful style?.
The answer to the above is the WSO2 ESB which helps you handle all these challenges with minimum effort. In this session you will learn about
- RESTful services and its architecture.
- A sample RESTful integration using WSO2 ESB.
- REST to SOAP.
- SOAP to REST.
- REST APIs.
- Designing URL patterns for REST API support in ESB.
In addition, this webinar will give a brief introduction to API management and OAuth security via the WSO2 Identity Server.