Business Process Management is a key technology for increasing productivity and re-energizing businesses to be more competitive. This session will look at BPM and how it fits into wider SOA initiatives. Focusing on both automated processes and also looking at how BPM fits into people-based processes, this session will examine Open Standards for BPM, how the BPMN and BPEL standards fit together, as well as Open Source technologies for BPM. We will demonstrate real scenarios of how BPM can add significant value to SOA. Note: all SOA Summer School courses are completely free. To access the course details and select your curriculum, you must be logged in as an OxygenTank member.
Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO, and vice president of the Apache Synapse project.
- What is BPM?
- Why is BPM Important?
- How Does BPM Fit with SOA?
- What is BPEL? What is BPMN?
- How do BPMN and BPEL fit together?
- What Open Source Technologies are There for BPM?
- A Deeper Look into Apache ODE, Eclipse BPEL Designer and WSO2 BPS Technologies
- What is BPEL4People and Why is It Useful?
- How Does Business Activity Monitoring Help BPM?
- BPM and SOA Examples
- Summary and Resources