We are happy to announce the Ballerina VS Code extension 3.3.0 release, which has some exciting new features. Following are the highlights of this release.
- Visual Data Mapper - Helps you write and visualize data transformations easily.
- GraphQL Tryit - Facilitates trying out the GraphQL services with the integrated client.
- Record Editor - Provides a better editing experience with suggestions.
- Project Design View - Facilitates visualizing service interactions in your project.
Visual Data Mapper¶
- A powerful graphical editor, which allows you to easily create complex data transformations in a few minutes.
- Provides descriptive diagnostics, error highlighting, and code actions, which leverage the editing experience.
- An integrated expression editor to add custom values with the support of lang server suggestions, library browsing, etc.
- Currently, supports JSON to JSON transformations and will support more in the future.
- You can try out the GraphQL services using the
- You can send and test any request with headers to your GraphQL service in VS Code itself without using any third-party tools.
- The GraphQL explorer will help you to explore the available endpoints and generate the query for you.
- The expression editor is now combined with the record editor, which will give a better editing experience with suggestions and library support.
- Now, you can create records by importing a JSON file. All you need to do is select a sample JSON file under the Import a JSON` section in the record creation.
- Record creation using JSON samples now supports separate record creation for complex JSON records.
Project Design View (experimental)¶
- This release includes an experimental feature that allows you to visualize service interactions in your project.
- It also comes with a view to see record-type compositions and relationships.
- Use the
Ballerina: Project Designcommand to open the design view.