David Linthicum joins WSO2 technology executives in exploring key benefits and best practices in combining DevOps principles and PaaS characteristics for business agility Palo Alto, CA – May 7, 2013 – In today’s dynamic business climate, IT agility is central to remaining competitive. However, enterprises seeking to capitalize on new market opportunities and technologies often have to work against outdated infrastructure to adapt applications, processes, decisions and services. In a new WSO2 webinar, renowned industry thought leader, David Linthicum, senior vice president of Cloud Technology Partners, will lead a discussion on how to combine DevOps principles and practices with platform as a service (PaaS) characteristics to enable business agility in today’s mercurial environment. He will be joined by John Mathon, WSO2 vice president of product marketing, and Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism. The “Accelerate Business Agility with PaaS” webinar will be held on Wednesday, May 15, 2013. The session will run from 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. To learn more and register, visit http://wso2.com/library/webinars/2013/05/accelerate-business-agility-paas. Harnessing the Power of DevOps and PaaS The webinar will examine how to quicken IT solution development and delivery by using emerging PaaS technology to more easily execute DevOps concepts, such as continuous activity execution and self-service environments. Moreover, participants will learn new agility best practices that will guide them to success the very first time. Among the topics that David, John and Chris will examine are how:
- DevOps practices promote continuous activity execution, such as continuous build, continuous integration, continuous test, and continuous delivery to create a ‘no wait’ environment that accelerates business agility.
- Incorporating automation into developer and operations processes enables teams to bypass time-consuming manual tasks and gain faster phase execution.
- Together, DevOps and PaaS promote simple, on-demand self-service environments that shield team members from complexity and reduce skill hurdles
- Offering on-demand self-service access promotes rapid business innovation and experimentation.
- Reducing complexity, frees team members from having to obtain special training and skills before consuming IT services and infrastructure.