Submit a Request
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
Identifiers. This category includes information such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or account name. We collect Identifiers from you directly when you enter information into forms on our website or when you communicate with WSO2 employees, automatically when you visit our website, and, in some circumstances, from third parties. We use these Identifiers to supply our products and services to you, to comply with law, to improve our products and services, for recruitment, to communicate with you about our products and services, to analyze traffic to our website, for billing, and to enforce agreements with our customers.
We shared Identifiers with Service Providers, Partners & Resellers, and third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
Financial Information. This category includes information such as a bank account number, credit card number, or debit card number. We collect Financial Information directly from you and use this information to provide services to you and our customers, and for billing.
We shared Financial Information with Service Providers and third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
Professional Information. This category includes information such as your title and where you work. We collect Professional Information to provide services to you and our customers, to improve our products or services, for recruitment, to communicate with you about our products and services, to provide support to our customers, and to enforce agreements. Professional Information is collected directly from you and sometimes obtained from third parties.
We shared Professional Information with Service Providers, Partners & Resellers, and third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
Internet or other similar network activity. This category includes information such as browsing history, information on how you interact with our website and services, location information, or device information. We collect this information for marketing, analytics, communicate with you about our products and services, and to provide customer support.
We shared Internet or similar network activity with Service Providers and third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- Financial Information
- Professional Information
- Internet or other similar network activity
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers
- Partners & Resellers
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with the products or services we provide to you.
Sale of Personal Information
We may occasionally sell your personal information to our partners or resellers who help us to sell our products and services to customers. By “sell,” we mean to say that we sometimes share contact information of potential customers with our partners and resellers who may profit from selling or reselling our services to you. Our partners and resellers agree in writing to keep the information we share with them confidential. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age without their affirmative authorization or, if 13 or under, the affirmative authorization of their parent or guardian.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have sold the following categories of personal information to partners and resellers:
- Professional Information
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you any or all of the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the categories of personal information disclosed.
- If we have sold your personal information, the categories of personal information sold.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collect from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out and Opt-In Rights
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
Once you have made an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before we ask you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our website and sending us a message. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting Do Not Sell My Info and sending us a message.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, Deletion Rights and opt-out rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, you may submit a request to us by the following methods:
When you make a request, we will ask you to provide, at a minimum, your first name, last name, email address, and the type of request you are making. We require this information from you so that we can verify your identity or authority to make this request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We cannot respond to your request if we are unable to verify your identity.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by email. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Date last updated: December 5, 2019