WSO2 partners with mobile entrepreneur in creating new subsidiary to deliver an enterprise mobile platform that builds on WSO2 enterprise and cloud middleware Palo Alto, CA – March 20, 2013 – Mobile computing has triggered an explosion of new opportunities for enterprises to provide more flexibility for employees, engage with customers and partners, drive greater efficiencies, and create new revenue streams. However, the cost and complexity of implementing secure, agile enterprise mobile systems have hindered IT organizations’ ability to act on these opportunities. Today, WSO2 announced a new subsidiary, WSO2Mobile, to deliver an enterprise mobile platform that will address these challenges. WSO2Mobile has been created in partnership with Harsha Purasinghe, who will serve as founder and CEO of the WSO2 subsidiary. Harsha is the founder of Microimage and Microimage Mobile Media, and a successful entrepreneur with two decades of technology and management experience in enterprise software architecture and mobile technologies. Under Harsha’s leadership, Microimage Mobile Media has gained wide recognition, including the GSM Asia Mobile Innovation Award in 2006 and a commendation at the GSM World Awards in Barcelona, Spain in 2007. Harsha will remain the chairman of Microimage and Microimage Mobile Media. “Increasingly, mobile computing is a core component of the IT strategies being adopted by our enterprise customers worldwide,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. “Harsha brings a comprehensive vision about mobility in the enterprise, backed by deep technical expertise and proven entrepreneurial success in launching and building technology companies. With Harsha at the helm of WSO2Mobile, we are well positioned to deliver a state-of-the-art enterprise mobile platform that builds on the comprehensive, open and modular capabilities of our award-winning enterprise and cloud middleware.” Joining WSO2Mobile as director of architecture is Shan Shamugarajah, who has served as director and CTO at Microimage Mobile Media. WSO2Mobile Enterprise Mobility Platform WSO2Mobile is chartered with building and delivering the WSO2Mobile Enterprise Mobility Platform to solve the mobile computing challenges enterprises face today, including:
- Securely provisioning stakeholders’ devices of choice to support bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies, as well as manage mobile application security.
- Providing mobile access to ERP, CRM and other enterprise applications—while offering the same user experience as consumer mobile applications via an app store.
- Mobilizing business processes and providing analytics—ranging from device management to application usage—to all respective stakeholders.
- Enabling backend integration to access various data sources, from legacy systems to cloud-based services.
- Managing the entire mobile application lifecycle from design to build, test, pre-production and post-production.