Web-based training provides IT professionals with all-new sessions on technologies and best practices for shaping an API-centric enterprise, mobile interactions and SaaS applications
Palo Alto, CA – July 11, 2013 – WSO2 today announced that WSO2 Summer School returns for a fifth year by popular demand. The all-new classes for 2013 will focus on building a next-generation platform to meet business demands, reduce time to market, and generate business opportunities. Since 2009, WSO2’s interactive Web-based program has helped more than 2,000 IT professionals become more familiar with the technologies and best practices for building, integrating and deploying enterprise applications and services—on-premises and in the cloud. The free WSO2 Summer School classes will be held on Tuesday at 9 a.m. Pacific for seven weeks beginning July 16, 2013.
"WSO2 Summer School aims to address the top challenges facing IT architects and developers. This year, it means sharing proven development and solution architecture best practices in such areas as the cloud; mobile; and management of APIs, data, and user identities," said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. "Our fifth year of Summer School brings exciting new classes to enable a deeper understanding of the issues that are central to today’s IT strategies, and it reflects our dedication to open education that supports the evolving needs of the developer community."
Leading the seven Summer School courses will be WSO2 technology executives and software development experts. They include Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism; John Mathon, WSO2 vice president of product marketing; Harsha Purasinghe, CEO of WSO2Mobile; Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions; Sameera Perera, senior manager of the WSO2 cloud technologies group; Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 senior architect; Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead; and Johann Nallathamby, WSO2 software engineer. Together, they will share their first-hand experiences in developing cloud middleware and implementing API-centric enterprise solutions for Global 1000 companies.
The program is open to all individuals who want to boost their next-generation platform knowledge directly from some of the industry’s leading experts—a once-a-year opportunity to obtain thousands of dollars worth of professional training at zero cost. For details on the program and how to sign up, visit http://wso2.com/landing/summer-school-2013.
The classes forming the seven-week Summer School program are:
- July 16: What is iPaaS and Why it is Important. Review the integration landscape, including the benefits that a true cloud-native integration platform as a service (iPaaS) delivers, as well as adoption pitfalls. Also, discuss the role of iPaaS in WSO2's overall cloud strategy.
- July 23: Solving Mobile Generation Challenges with the WSO2 Enterprise Mobile Platform. Learn how to address mobile challenges, ranging from the proliferation of diverse smart devices to building mobile applications for the new enterprise and emerging mobile landscape.
- July 30: API Centric Enterprises. Examine key building blocks of the WSO2 API Manager and how they can be utilized to create enterprise-ready business APIs.
- August 6: Building a SaaS Application with the WSO2 Platform. Gain insights into why software as a service (SaaS) applications enhance business value, what capabilities separate SaaS applications from Web applications, and how to build a SaaS application with the WSO2 platform.
- August 13: Practical Federated Identity - Use Cases from the Real World. Learn how the WSO2 platform is capable of delivering solutions for federated identity requirements, and review real-world projects implemented by WSO2 customers.
- August 20: The Importance of Data Communication - WSO2's Story of Taking Data on Screen. Review the significance of data and how it can be communicated and visualized effectively using the latest WSO2 technologies.
- August 27: Enterprise Data in the WSO2 Platform. Build on the previous sessions by learning how to optimize enterprise data management using the WSO2 platform.
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed..