WSO2 Developer Studio
Providing a complete Eclipse-based SOA development environment for the award-winning WSO2 Carbon middleware platform, WSO2 Developer Studio allows developers to define a project representing a complete Composite Application (C-App) spanning multiple products and features. It immensely simplifies the creation of artifacts with graphical editors and management of the links and dependencies between these services.
Development, testing and deployment of composite middleware applications has never been easier or faster!
One Interface, Complete Functionality
Develop, deploy, debug and test using a single interface.
Package and Deploy Anywhere
Package artifacts into a Composite Application aRchive (CAR) and deploy it to WSO2 Carbon-based servers or onto a WSO2 Private PaaS. WSO2 Developer Studio is deployed as a strategic on-premise development and cloud infrastructure tool for the WSO2 Carbon middleware platform.
Maven-Based for Continuous Builds
Leverage the maven-based build model for automated continuous builds and integration. WSO2 Developer Studio’s visual and reverse engineering tools support development governance and helps to be more productive and efficient.
Supports the Edit, Build, Debug, Deploy Cycle for Applications on WSO2 Products
- Distributes as a standalone Eclipse-based product or extension bundles for Eclipse
- Support for editing most type of deployable artifacts
- Integrates to Maven for building
- Run test servers inside Eclipse and do source level debugging for applications that consist of multiple artifact types
Development Support Provision for WS Policies
- Facilitates deployment of security policies using CApp by selecting scenarios from a predefined list of security scenarios using WSO2 Developer Studio
- Predefined security scenarios previously available in the Management console are now available in WSO2 Developer Studio
- Users are able to use Developer Studio to enforce security policies to WSO2 Data Services. BPEL workflows and ESB artifacts
Support for Developing Apache Tomcat, Apache Axis2, Axis CXF, Apache Synapse and Apache Ode Applications
- Edit, build, debug, deploy Tomcat webapps, Axis2 or CXF services, RESTful services, Synapse mediation, and ODE processes
- Optionally deploy to WSO2 products for greater ease of use
- Uses widely used popular Eclipse plugins
- Supports exploded deployment of WAR (Web application ARchive) files without the need for redeployment of the complete WAR file
Supports Development of Mediation Flows for WSO2 ESB
- Enables users to connect to WSO2 Connector Store and import preferred connectors directly
- Allows deployment as one unit by including connectors into the CAR file which wraps other artifacts such as sequences, proxy servers, APIs, etc.
- Supports the latest Endpoint types (Inbound Endpoints and mediators: PublishEvent mediator and ForEach mediator) introduced by WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus 4.9.
- Integrated developer perspective for API Manager to perform updates and edits to APIM sequences
Supports Integration of Cloud Services
- Foundation for both cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-enterprise integrations
- Combines multiple operations from multiple connectors along request, response, and error paths.
- Combines with regular mediators in a mediation flow to fine-tune business logic processing
Supports Collaborative Development
- Integrates with any Eclipse-supported SCM (SVN, Git, Perforce, CVS, Mercurial and more)
- Shared development of artifacts belonging to a single application
Supports Development Governance
- Integrates with WSO2 App Factory to facilitate management of application development lifecycles
- Browse, consume and produce registry resources with WSO2 Governance Registry
- Enables lifecycle governance of applications by separating code from configuration
Supports Maven and Continuous Integration
- All build actions can be performed through the tool as well as via the command line using Apache Maven
- Enables easy integration with CI products such as Jenkins and Bamboo
Supported Artifact Types
- Apache Axis2 services
- Apache CXF services
- JAX-WS services
- Service Meta artifact for security across all WSO2 middleware products
- Data services for WSO2 Data Services Server
- BPEL processes for Apache ODE and WSO2 Business Process Server
- ESB artifacts for Apache Synapse and WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus
- Registry resources for WSO2 Governance Registry
- Webapps for Apache Tomcat and WSO2 Application Server
- Jaggery Applications for WSO2 User Engagement Server
Easily Build Composite Applications
- Supports writing enterprise applications that consist of any collection of above artifacts as a single Composit Application aRchive (CAR)
- Composit Application Projects aggregate collection of Eclipse projects representing the artifacts into a “C-App” distribution project
- C-App project Maven root POM includes all artifacts and uses WSO2 Maven CAR Plugin to assemble to deployable CAR artifact
- CAR artifacts have application topology concept to manage deployment into different server clusters based on server roles
Supports Direct Deployment to Local and Remote WSO2 Servers
- Enables deployment to any on-premise server and WSO2 Private PaaS
Build Carbon Server Extension Types
- Develop any server extension such as WSO2 ESB mediators and WSO2 Governance Registry handlers
- Integrates with standard Eclipse conventions and idioms
- Develop and Deploy ESB Artifacts Using WSO2 Developer Studio
- Multi-Environment Artifact Management for WSO2 Products Using WSO2 Governance Registry
- How to Write a Web Application Backed by WSO2 Middleware - Part 1
- How to Write a Web Application Backed by WSO2 Middleware - Part 2
- How to Write a Web Application Backed by WSO2 Middleware - Part 3
Please fill this form and we will respond to your query within 1 hour.
Download WSO2 Developer Studio