WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus
WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus is a lightweight, high performance, and comprehensive ESB. 100% open source, the WSO2 ESB effectively addresses integration standards and supports all integration patterns, enabling interoperability among various heterogeneous systems and business applications.
With over a 100+ ready-made, easy to use connectors (freely available at our Connectors Store) the WSO2 ESB provides greater flexibility and agility to meet growing enterprise demands. The cloud-enabled, multi-tenant WSO2 ESB is also available on the cloud as a service (Private PaaS).
WSO2 ESB can be deployed at the heart of an SOA architecture or on the edge to mediate, enrich, transform messages across a variety of systems, including legacy applications, SaaS applications, as well as services and APIs.
Now in its fifth generation, WSO2 ESB has been deployed in production at hundreds of customers and is used in a wide variety of use cases: as a service gateway, mediation engine across SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft .NET services, and as a healthcare hub or in IoT scenarios, thanks to its support for transports such Apache Kafka and MQTT.
WSO2 ESB comes with a large set of building blocks, called mediators, which are used to construct mediation flows. Mediators cover data manipulation, data enrichment, connections to external systems, invoking external services and APIs, business events generation, and database integration among others. Additionally, WSO2 ESB supports the entire set of enterprise integration patterns. Mediation flows can be reused as-is or transformed into templates for further reuse across integration applications.
WSO2’s ESB is one building block from the WSO2 integration platform, and can be associated with the WSO2 Data Services Server, which creates a clean data access layer on top of any source of data, as well as WSO2’s Message Broker for guaranteed delivery scenarios and asynchronous, event-based, integration.
WSO2 ESB is configured and not programmed, reducing the developer’s learning curve. WSO2’s Developer Studio graphical tool can be used to design and debug ESB mediation flows.
ESB configurations can be packaged as deployable artifacts and deployed and managed via your favorite tools such as Jenkins, Maven, ANT or Subversion.
Designed for high throughput and low latency, the WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus handles thousands of transactions per second (TPS) and clocks in a few ms latency. We recently conducted a comparison across multiple open sources ESB, which you can access here.
We are constantly improving the performance of WSO2 ESB to allow you to run more transactions with less hardware. As depicted in the graphs below, ESB 4.9 brings up to 40% more performance over version 4.8.
At the same time, we have reduced transaction latency.
Connect Anything to Anything
- Adapters to cloud services: 100+ connectors across various categories such as payments, CRM, ERP, social networks or legacy systems.
- Transports: HTTP, HTTPS, POP, IMAP, SMTP, JMS, AMQP, RabbitMQ, FIX, TCP, UDP, FTPS, SFTP, MLLP and SMS, MQTT, Apache Kafka
- Formats & protocols: JSON, XML, SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2, WS-*, HTML, EDI, HL7, OAGIS, Hessian, Text, JPEG, MP4, all binary formats and CORBA/IIOP
- Adapters to COTS systems: SAP BAPI & IDoc, IBM WebSphere MQ, Oracle AQ and MSMQ
Route, Mediate and Transform
- Routing: header based, content based, rule-based and priority-based routing
- Mediation: support for all Enterprise Integration Patterns or EIPs (including scatter/gather, message filters, recipient list, dead-letter channels, guaranteed delivery and message enrichment), database integration, event publishing, logging & auditing, validation
- Transformation: XSLT 1.0/2.0, XPath, XQuery and Smooks
Acts as Message, Service, API, and Security Gateway
- Expose existing applications & services over different protocols and message formats
- Enable virtualization of services for loose coupling and SOA governance
- Create service façades for legacy/non-standard services
- Expose services & applications via RESTful APIs
- Enforce and manage security centrally, including authentication, authorization, and entitlement
- WS-Security, LDAP, Kerberos, OpenID, SAML, XACML
- SSL tunneling and SSL profiles support for inbound and outbound scenarios
- CRL/OCSP Certificate revocation verification
- Policy enforcement and governance via WSO2 Governance Registry
- Enable logging, audit and SLA monitoring, KPI monitoring
- Ensure load balancing for scalability and failover for high availability of business endpoints
Get High Performance, High Availability, Scalability & Stability
- Supports 1000s of concurrent non-blocking HTTP(S) connections per server
- Pure streaming and on-demand processing of messages
- Sub-millisecond latency for high-throughput scenarios
- Supports highly available deployment
- Enables horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture
- Ensures long-term execution stability with low resource utilization
Ensure Lightweight, Developer-Friendly, and Easy Deployment
- Get declarative development with configuration instead of code
- Enable easy configuration of fault tolerant mediations with support for error handling
- Ensure server customization via feature provisioning of any WSO2 middleware capability
- Extend configuration language with custom DSLs via templates
- Develop and deploy via Integration with SVN, Maven, Ant, and other standard tools
- Integrate with WSO2 Developer Studio, Eclipse-based IDE for all WSO2 products
Manage & Monitor
- Ensure comprehensive management & monitoring Web console with enterprise-level security
- Enable built-in collection and monitoring of standard access and performance statistics
- Manage and monitor key metrics with JMX MBeans
- Integrate with WSO2 Data Analytics Server for operational audit and KPI monitoring and management
- Get flexible logging support with integration to enterprise logging systems
- Ensure centralized configuration management across different environments with lifecycles and versioning via integration with WSO2 Governance Registry
Customer Success Stories
At eBay, our lightweight ESB is deployed as a gateway, and handles all the traffic from mobile applications, a traffic in constant increase for the past 5 years. Initially deployed on premises, WSO2 ESB has been moved to eBay’s cloud platform, and continue to serve billions of transactions per day, with low memory consumption and extremely low latency (< 2ms).
SUVA, an insurance company, is using our ESB to act as an integration hub across SAP and Microsoft .NET services. The ESB is also used to map security tokens across systems. They leveraged the free connector to SAP systems to build this solution. SAP is one connectors among the dozens available with WSO2 ESB. 250 services were hosted on the ESB in less than 18 months.
SEIN, an institute for Epilepsy in the Netherlands, has leveraged WSO2’s ESB capabilities to build a hub across multiple health centers, where HL7 is used as a canonical data format. This solution can be coupled with the analytics platform to search for HL7 and SOAP messages, review success and failures, get statistics on the system behavior, both at technical and business levels.
Screencasts and Videos
WSO2 Customer Webinar: WEST Interactive’s Deployment Approach and DevOps PracticesRegister Now >>
Please fill this form and we will respond to your query within 1 hour.
Download WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus