API programs are key to building the ecosystem around your technology. Your developer portal and APIs represent who you are to your partners and customers. This is why branding is very important part of API efforts. Branding for API programs consist of:
- Your own custom URLs for developer portal and APIs,
- Your logos, style, look and feel of the developer portal.
1. Custom URLBy default, API Store for your subscribers gets a URL that looks like
https://api.cloud.wso2.com/store/?tenant=[your organization id], and the APIs themselves start with
https://gateway.api.cloud.wso2.com:8243/t/[your organization id]/. My guess, is that instead, you would like a fully branded experience with API Store being available at something like http://developers.mycompany.com and APIs at http://apis.mycompany.com. Now all you need to do get there is:
- Come up with the nice URLs for both the API Store and the API gateway (and purchase the domain if you have not done so),
- Purchase SSL certificates for both domains (this is required because both portal and APIs themselves need to be accessed via HTTPS),
- In your domain registrar's DNS panel, create CNAME records pointing to
customdns.api.cloud.wso2.comfor APIs themselves, and
customdns.api.cloud.wso2.comfor the developer portal,
- In WSO2 API Cloud, click the Custom URL menu and follow the configuration wizard.