WSO2 Carbon redefines middleware by providing an integrated and componentized middleware platform that adapts to the specific needs of any enterprise IT project - on premise or in the cloud.
100% open source and standards-based, WSO2 Carbon enables developers to rapidly orchestrate business processes, compose applications and develop services using WSO2 Developer Studio and a broad range of business and technical services that integrate with legacy, packaged and SaaS applications.
The lean, complete, OSGi-based platform includes more than 175 components – OSGi bundles or Carbon features. The WSO2 Carbon core framework functions as “Eclipse for servers” and includes common capabilities shared by all WSO2 products, such as built-in registry, user management, transports, security, logging, clustering, caching and throttling services, co-ordination, and a GUI framework.
Powering Core Enterprise SOA Functionality
- Mechanisms to provide and consume services, message mediation, service orchestration, service governance, business process management and service monitoring.
- Support for EDA, MDA, and other enterprise integration patterns
- Support for industry standards such as WS-*, REST and other binary and non-binary protocols
- In-built Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities such as security, reliable messaging, and throttling
Extend From On-premise to Cloud
- Deploy the same code in both a standalone Carbon server as well as in the WSO2 Stratos cloud platform
- Create multi-tenant aware applications via the Carbon API without worrying about underlying complexities
- Supports highly available deployments
- Horizontal scaling via clustering with stateless server architecture
- Dynamic discovery of services using WS-Discovery
- Lazy loading via ghost deployers
- Apache Zookeeper based co-ordination support
Synchronize artifacts across product clusters
- Apache Subversion (SVN) based deployment synchronizer to manage the deployment artifacts for both products and services
- Additionally supports WSO2 Governance Registry as a repository
- Large number of server artifacts can be deployed easily in one go
Manage users across any Carbon based product
- Supports authentication and role-based authorization
- Supports pluggable heterogeneous user stores such as LDAP, Active Directory, and JDBC using custom extension points
Governance Registry Integration
- Govern and monitor large-scale deployments, including clustered servers and cloud implementations
- Applied across the entire WSO2 Carbon middleware platform
- Supports the standard J-cache API
- Tested and proven in distributed environments for boosted performance
Easily Extensible and Future-Proof
- OSGi-based extensibility allows patching on the fly
- Components not in use today can be plugged in as and when IT infrastructure demands it
- Checkbox user interface where you start with a lean core and click to add the functionality you need - choosing from among more than 175 features
- Equinox P2 provisioning identifies any dependencies and ensures that all necessary components such as additional management user interfaces are included
Please fill this form and we will respond to your query within 1 hour.
Download WSO2 Carbon