We are pleased to announce the release of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.6.0. Our latest release includes unified integration and data integration runtimes (Integrator) as well as a comprehensive tooling distribution (Integration Studio) to support both runtimes.
This release aims at addressing long-awaited JDK 11 compatibility, enabling enterprises to migrate their middleware solutions to the LTS JDK version. In addition, new productivity improvements include a built-in test framework with comprehensive tooling support from integration studio as well as more comprehensive support for cloud-native integration requirements. This release brings new product components and features specifically to help developers easily build and deploy container-native integration solutions.
WSO2 Integrator Runtime
The WSO2 Integrator runtime is the most common deployment environment used by a majority of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator customers. With Enterprise Integrator 6.6.0, we introduce the following key capabilities to enhance integration development.
- Support for JDK 11 - The integration runtime is now fully compatible to run with JDK 11 and the installers are shipped with Adopt OpenJDK 11.
- Comprehensive container-native feature support
- Environment variable support for all environment-dependent parameters of synapse configurations
- Environment variable support for server configuration files
- Environment variable support for property mediator
- Docker secret support for secure-vault
- Built-in unit-testing framework for writing unit tests for synapse configuration artifacts - Now you can test your integration artifacts using the unit test suite embedded to the synapse runtime.
- Swagger UI Feature and Try It tool for APIs - EI 6.6.0 comes with the capability to generate/view Swagger documentation for APIs, in order to guide users on what can be done on specific APIs.
- CORS support for APIs - Server-level configurable CORS support for APIs is shipped with this release.
- JSON Transform mediator - This is a new mediator introduced with this release; it is used for performing XML to JSON transformations that are specific to an artifact rather than applying global synapse settings. Also, it can be used to manipulate a JSON payload with the help of a JSON schema.
- Jaeger tracing support - Tracing provides vital information regarding the roundtrip of a service invocation. Jaeger is a well-known CNCF graduated implementation, based on the OpenTracing standard. The tracing aspect of Synapse Observability is now offered in a standard manner with Jaeger Tracing
Other Runtimes Packaged with WSO2 Enterprise Integrator
In this new release, we introduce the following key capabilities to the WSO2 Business Process runtime.
- Introducing the BPMN Read Task - The EI 6.6.0 business process runtime ships with the BPMN Read task, which can be used to read environment-specific resources (registry, environment variables, and system variables) within a workflow.
- Default variable support for BPMN Rest Task - The default variable provides error-handling capabilities to users when using BPMN Rest Task in case of error responses.
Furthermore, bug fixes and security fixes that were done since the previous WSO2 Enterprise Integrator release are incorporated into the WSO2 Business Process and WSO2 Message Broker runtimes.
WSO2 Integration Studio
The integration team invested significant time and effort with the objective of improving the user experience and developer productivity of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator tooling.
Some major capability enhancements are listed below:
- Enhanced developer experience with a built-in unit testing framework for synapse configuration artifacts
- BPMN Read Task tooling support
To learn more about the latest release, features, and what it means for your experience, join our webinar on January 16, 2020.