Submitted by dmitry.wso2.com on Tue, 01/23/2018 - 19:00
Today is a huge step forward for us: we are rolling out on-premises API gateways
With this feature, you can have the best of both worlds:
- API Cloud hosts the web user interfaces (both for API publishing and for API subscribers), configuration, and analytics,
- You download and install in your network the API Gateway component, which then gets its configuration from the cloud and starts serving the APIs and proxying the calls.
There are multiple advantages to this deployment model:
- Performance: you can put your API gateway close to your backend services and API subscribers thus avoiding the costly extra hops to the cloud and back,
- Security and Compliance: API call and payload data does not leave your network and this keeps your security and compliance officers happy,
- Connectivity: your API gateway is running locally so you do not have to set up VPN or another way of exposing your backend to the internet,
- Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): Most of the infrastructure is run and maintained by WSO2 for you.
The feature is available at no extra cost to all customers of API Cloud’s Large and Extra-Large subscriptions
To get started:
1. Log into WSO2 API Cloud
and click the Get On-Premises Gateway
2. Follow our On-Premises API Gateway documentation
or contact our cloud team to get help with the setup.