At our last webinar on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) hosted by Prabath Siriwardena and Asanka Abeysinghe, we looked at technical aspects of the regulation and what steps you can take to ensure your security strategy is primed for GDPR.
With less than two months to go, what you need now is the right approach to accelerate your GDPR compliance journey. According to a survey conducted by Forrester research1 a few months ago, 11% of firms are still unsure of what needs to be done and 29% of fully compliant companies may have taken some incorrect steps. This can cause serious issues and lead to hefty fines when scrutinized by governing bodies. From an industry perspective, while financial industries are usually ahead given the constant regulations, media and retail industries could be lagging behind in getting their systems and processes into place.
Your enterprise’s longevity depends on the trust you build with your customers. That’s why user consent and privacy are vital. If the aftermath of the Facebook - Cambridge Analytica scandal taught us anything, it’s that. GDPR may seem like a daunting challenge at first, but by adopting the right technology you can move beyond compliance and take advantage of the regulation to gain your customers’ trust, strengthen their loyalty, and grow your business rapidly.
To help you grasp the complex processes involved in GDPR compliance, the WSO2 Identity Server team is conducting a series of seven webinars which explores how our products are GDPR compliant and what steps you can take to accelerate compliance.
- April 10: Accelerating Your GDPR Compliance with the WSO2 Platform - Sagara Gunathunga, Director, WSO2
- April 17: The Right Steps to Becoming GDPR Compliant - Darshana Gunawardena, Technical Lead, WSO2
- April 24: GDPR Compliance with WSO2 Identity Server - Ayesha Dissanayaka, Senior Software Engineer and Hasintha Indrajee, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- May 2: GDPR and API Security - Sanjeewa Malalgoda, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- May 8: The Role of GDPR in Customer Identity and Access Management - Rushmin Fernando, Technical Lead, WSO2
- May 15: GDPR Compliance by Design - Ruwan Abeykoon, Associate Director/Architect and Jayanga Kaushalya, Senior Software Engineer WSO2
- May 22: The Impact of GDPR on User Experience - Dakshika Jayatilake - Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
Sign up and spread the word!1
Forrester Research, Inc. "The State Of GDPR Readiness GDPR Readiness Progresses, But Strategies Depend Too Heavily On IT" by Enza Iannopollo with Laura Koetzle, Stephanie Balaouras, Elsa Pikulik and Peggy Dostie, January 31, 2018