WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.5.0 Focuses on Integration Developer Productivity
- WSO2 Team
- - WSO2
We are pleased to announce the release of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 6.5.0. Our latest release includes unified integration and a data integration runtime (Integrator) as well as a micro integration runtime (Micro Integrator) and a comprehensive tooling distribution (Integration Studio) to support both runtimes.
This release aims at addressing developer productivity and cloud native integration requirements more comprehensively than ever. This has been one of the most anticipated WSO2 Enterprise Integrator releases, as it brings new product components and features specifically targeted at improving integration developers’ productivity as well as helping developers easily build and deploy container-native integration solutions. Following are the major highlights.
WSO2 Integration Studio
The integration team invested significant time and effort with the objective of improving the user experience and developer productivity of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator tooling. Some implementation targets for the new tooling included adding runtime validation of code, improving the look and feel of the tool palette and development canvas, improving the utilization of screen space, providing selection options for every possible configuration option, reducing the clicks and configuration steps, and adding Docker and WSO2 Integration Cloud support. In addition to the Integration Studio, we have improved the integration and micro integrator runtime with feature additions as well.
Some major capability enhancements are listed below:
- New design for a superior graphical developer experience
- Built-in micro runtime to support improved testing and debugging of integration artifacts
- Capability to build Docker images from the development tool itself using runtime artifacts
- Seamless experience to deploy integration artifacts into WSO2 Integration Cloud
- Built-in project templates for faster initiation of new integration projects and artifacts
- Artifact validation and error detection during the development stage of integration projects
WSO2 Micro Integrator
WSO2 Micro Integrator runtime is a lightweight product based on the same technology as that of WSO2 Integrator. Hence, artifacts developed for WSO2 Integrator (ESB) are fully compatible with WSO2 Micro Integrator. The reduced size and rapid startup time make this the ideal solution for enterprises that are planning to move into microservices and container deployable solutions. WSO2 Micro Integrator has been streamlined for developing composite microservices by orchestrating several services within a microservice implementation.
Key capabilities of WSO2 Micro Integrator runtime include:
- Reduced startup time (< 5s)
- Seamless deployment of integration artifacts from WSO2 Integration Studio
- Reduced distribution size (< 150 MB)
- Ability to generate micro integrator Docker images from WSO2 Integration Studio with integration artifacts
- REST API to monitor and manage micro integrator runtime
- CLI tool to inspect artifacts of micro integrator
- Built-in monitoring capabilities with Prometheus, ELK, and WSO2 Integration Analytics
WSO2 Integrator Runtime
WSO2 Integrator runtime is the most common deployment environment used by a majority of WSO2 Integration platform customers. In this new release, we are introducing the following key capabilities to enhance integration development.
- A new mediator named Property Group that enhances the usability by providing the ability to configure multiple properties inside a single mediator
- Native JSON support for Iterate, Aggregate, and Enrich mediators
- Message Processor improvements to handle poison messages
- Enhanced REST support for Data Service JSON payloads
- OData Support for MongoDB
- Support to monitor statistics with Prometheus
- Security fixes and bug fixes implemented since the previous release
Other Runtimes Packaged with WSO2 Enterprise Integrator
Bug fixes and security fixes that were done since the previous WSO2 Enterprise Integrator release are incorporated into WSO2 Business Process and WSO2 Message Broker runtimes.
Furthermore, in this release, we are announcing the deprecation of WSO2 Microservices for Java (MSF4J) runtime packaged within WSO2 Enterprise Integrator. The compelling reason for this is because we see more value added to users from the WSO2 MSF4J GitHub project and its artifacts since many microservice developers will use it as a dependency rather than a server runtime. Hence, we believe MSF4J is more useful for developers in its GitHub-based release cycle, so it won’t be packaged with WSO2 Enterprise Integrator in future releases.
To learn more about the latest release, features, and what it means for your experience, join our webinar on June 6, 2019.
We have also organized a webinar series with comprehensive discussions on WSO2 Integration Studio and how it can be used for integration efforts in your enterprise.