Submitted by manjular.wso2.com on Thu, 02/20/2020 - 00:03
We are excited to announce the availability of dedicated API gateway support with WSO2 API Cloud.
What Is a Dedicated API Gateway?
The default gateway of WSO2 API Cloud is a shared pool of clusters. A dedicated gateway is a private cluster allocated to a specific customer to handle API traffic. WSO2 manages the private cluster for the customer and supports this by utilizing the hybrid API management capabilities and managed cloud services.
Why Consider a Dedicated Gateway Cluster?
- A dedicated gateway cluster is allocated per customer and can handle both production and non-production API traffic.
- WSO2 maintains the cluster with a guarantee of 99.9% availability via an SLA.
- You can decide where to run the gateway cluster. It can either be on your data center given that access to the data center is granted or it can run on any public infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- This offering supports multi-cloud, multi-regional deployments with geolocation-based API routing capabilities.
- It can send logs to external services such as CloudWatch, ElasticSearch, Splunk, etc.
- Avoids noisy neighbor effects.
How Much Would It Cost to Get a Dedicated API Gateway Implemented?
Any customer with a standard tier subscription can request for a dedicated API gateway. The cost would include management and data center costs in addition to the standard tier subscription cost. For more details, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.