How to use Active Directory with WSO2 Carbon Based Products
- By Chamara Silva
- 2 Jun, 2009
In this example, I will use the WSO2 Governance Registry product.
1. Download Governance Registry Binary
2. Extract Registry zip
3. Run wso2server.bat (Linux - wso2server.sh) file inside Registry/bin folder.
4. After starting the WSO2 Governance Registry, open up a browser window and type the following url:
if you are accessing from different machine, use https://machineIP:9443/carbon
5. you will see the following interface:
6. Use following credentials to login
user name = admin
password = admin
7. To import active directory in to the WSO2 Governance Registry product, you have to use user management functionality. Now click user management link from menu available.
8. To enter active directory configurations, you have to use external user store fuctionality. Now click external user store link found on the user management page.
9. Select active directory option under 'External store type'.
10. you will see the following configuration page.
11. Now, you need to enter your active directory settings in this page.
Here I will use my sample active directory settings:
active directory name : - wso2.lk
user name = Administrator
server IP = 10.100.1.122
active directory connection string = cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=wso2,dc=lk (this connection string you can request from your system administrator)
acive directory password = admin
using above information, fill in the external user store page as shown below:
connection url - ldap://10.100.1.122:389
user DN - cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=wso2,dc=lk
connection password - admin
connection password repeat - admin
base DN - dc=wso2,dc=lk
Click finish. You can now use active directory users within the WSO2 Governance Registry product.
Author - Suminda Chamara Silva - Senior Software Engineer(QA) - [email protected]