The WSO2 API Manager now has enhanced request throttling and rate limiting where different levels of rate limiting requests have been redefined to ensure better usability and to support a wider range of interesting use cases. The older versions of the product were capable of rate limiting requests based on request counts over time. With the introduction of data bandwidth-based rate limiting, persistence of request/bandwidth counters, a global traffic manager to manage traffic across the cluster and other interesting capabilities, the API Gateway can now perform full scale API request rate limiting on a wide range of use cases demanded by the API community.
This webinar will explore WSO2 API Manager’s architecture in relation to API traffic control and how the API Gateway rate limits your API requests. It will
- Introduce the Traffic Manager profile in WSO2 API Manager
- Examine how rate limiting policy deployment works
- Explore interactions between the API Gateway and Traffic Manager
- Discuss data bandwidth-based rate limiting and persisting counters
- Demonstrate how to achieve high availability and scalability through these features