WSO2 Training: What We Offer
- Yohanna Fernando
- 26 Nov, 2018
In the world of integration where things keep moving at breakneck speed, it can be a little difficult to keep up with the latest. That’s why we offer training at WSO2 to facilitate learning our products.
Currently, we offer three different types of training at WSO2: Self-Paced Learning, Online Instructor-Led Training, and Onsite Instructor-Led Training.
Self-paced learning is the most common form of training used by our customers. We share all our training material for free at https://wso2.com/training, and you can simply download and work on it at your own pace.
We also provide a learning-management system at https://lms.wso2.com/. This material is similar to what we have on our site but is optimized for self-paced learning.
- Free of charge
- Work on it at your own pace, whenever you have time
- Carving out time for this can be a challenge
- If you run into issues, you need to figure it out yourself
- Only standard training topics are covered
Online Instructor-led Training
Our trainers can conduct training sessions for you using online meeting software. The trainer will share his/her screen and demonstrate the functionality in webinar style. A training session is typically 3-4 hours, and the number of sessions depends on the topics covered. The trainees can try out the hands-on exercises on their own as homework.
- Costs less than onsite training
- More interactive than self-paced training
- Get your questions answered in real time
- You can cover the standard topics as self-paced training and request instructor-led training for selected topics that you find difficult to figure out on your own
- Less support for hands-on exercises than onsite training
- Less individual attention than onsite training, as sharing the trainees’ screen is not recommended because it will disrupt the training
- Difficult for highly customized topics
- Connectivity and audio/video issues can cause delays and disruptions
Onsite Instructor-led Training
Onsite instructor-led training can be arranged at your premises as required. This is the most highly effective form of training. Training topics can be fit into 8-hour work days, and the number of days depends on the topics covered.
- Face-to-face interaction ensures a better training experience
- More support for hands-on exercises, as there will be a lab assistant in addition to the main trainer
- Get questions answered in real time
- Suitable for highly customized trainings where the trainer is given your use cases in advance. The trainer provides a customized agenda and is prepared to answer questions relevant to your specific use cases.
- Costs more than online training
No matter which approach you choose, WSO2 training provides a fast and effective way for you to get up to speed on our products. To learn more, visit us at wso2.com/training.