Today I am excited to announce that we have launched new generation of our application hosting platform - WSO2 Integration Cloud
(also formerly known as App Cloud).
Unlike the earlier generation of the platform, new version is based on container (docker and Kubernetes) technology rather than WSO2 Application Server-based in-JVM multutenancy that we had earlier. This gives two huge benefits that our customers have been demanding:
- Great application compatibility: your application gets a Tomcat, or Apache server, or WSO2 App Server container and is not sharing it with others, and thus does not have to conform to various security policies,
- Broader runtime choice: with the new architecture it becomes easier for us to expand to a bigger set of supported runtimes. Besides Tomcat/WSO2 App Server-based Java, we already are offering microservices (MSF4J), and PHP, with more to come in the future.
Below is a quick FAQ about the launch:
What Can I Do With the New Integration Cloud?
Integration Cloud is application hosting platform, so you can:
When Will It Become Available?
- Upload your Java (WAR package), PHP or MSF4J application from your file system or URL,
- Get it running in selected runtime,
- Scale up and down by changing the number of containers,
- Upload new versions,
- Create MySQL databases and store data there,
- Create, store, copy, and modify environment variables.
It is available effective now.
How Do I Try It?
Is the Old App Cloud Still Available?
- Go to WSO2 Integration Cloud page and sign-up if you do not have an account yet, or Sign In (top right menu item).
- Pick Integration Cloud on the index page.
Yes, if you still have your application and data inside the old App Cloud, you can get to it by clicking the corresponding link at the top banner in the new App Cloud.
We will keep the old App Cloud running in parallel to the new App Cloud until May 15, 2016
- so please make sure that you migrate everything by the end of the month.
How Much Does It Cost?
WSO2 Integration Cloud is in free beta.
How Do I Provide Feedback or Get Help?
Click the Support
menu inside App Cloud and we will get back to you!
Try the new WSO2 Integration Cloud
today and let us know what you think!