The Year of PlatformsOne of our key advantages is our unified comprehensive middleware platform, which is of course 100% open source (and will continue to be so). This year we identified individual platforms that position our products and defines our offering as a platform of platforms. Based on the needs of your architecture you can choose which platform to start with and enhance them in an iterative manner on-premise or in the cloud.
New Products and UpgradesThis year we launched four new products
- WSO2 App Manager, the industry’s first 100% open source product to provide a unified approach for securely managing an enterprise’s applications across multiple platforms.
- WSO2 Data Analytics Server, which combines into one integrated platform real-time and batch analysis of data with predictive analytics via machine learning to support the multiple demands of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions, as well as mobile and Web apps.
- WSO2 Machine Learner, pairing data gathering and analytics with predictive intelligence to help you understand not just the present, but to predict scenarios and generate solutions for the future.
- WSO2 API Cloud, the public cloud version of WSO2 API Manager giving a complete API platform as a service (PaaS), right-sized for an enterprise’s current demands and backed by the power to scale as their needs grow.
- WSO2 Gateway, an ultra high performance, lightweight and configuration-driven message gateway based on standard gateway patterns.
- WSO2 Microservices Server offering an end-to-end microservices architecture to ensure agile delivery and flexible deployment of complex, service-oriented applications.
- WSO2 Process Center which provides a complete, end-to-end solution for business process management
- WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus has several new inbound endpoints that enable transports to work in multi-tenant environments, new functionality for creating custom inbound endpoints, and 100+ connectors.
- WSO2 API Manager supports Swagger 2.0, is open to third-party key servers for authenticating API Consumers, and includes enhances analytics
- WSO2 Identity Server includes workflow support and is Fast Identity Online (FIDO U2F) compliant.
- WSO2 Enterprise Store enables greater extensibility and customization in managing any enterprise asset type, adds REST APIs for the Store and Publisher components, and enhances role-based access.
- WSO2 Governance Registry now integrates WSO2 Enterprise Store and WSO2 API Manager capabilities, providing a single center for governing APIs, services, tokens and more via a consumer-like interface.
- WSO2 Message Broker adds new features and enhancements to provide enterprises with a scalable and distributed architecture for easily managing the high messaging volume demands of IoT solutions.
- WSO2 Business Process Server now includes the Activiti BPM engine, which supports BPMN 2.0, the specification recognized as one of the most IoT-aware approaches to process modeling.
- WSO2 Data Services Server supports the open, standard OData 4.0 protocol, which enables the use of RESTful APIs to query data from a range of sources.
Looking Forward to 2016Apart from new products such as a Dashboard Server, Log-analytics Server and IoT Server, a major update comes in the form of WSO2 Carbon 5. Carbon is our middleware kernel that powers our products and will include
- An artifact deployment engine
- A startup order resolver
- Execution multi-tenancy with containers
- Logging with Log4J-2.0
- Transport management
- JDK-8 features
- RESTful kernel foundation services
- Runtime: to run the different types of artifacts and execute functionality
- Tooling: to manage, develop, configure and integrate the product
- Analytics: to monitor the product’s execution