Test Components with Test Runner¶
Test Runner is a component type in Choreo that simplifies the process of running automated tests against your components deployed in Choreo. This capability helps developers evaluate applications in different setups and environments, leading to more confidence and improved visibility into the application's status.
Before you try out the steps in this guide, complete the following:
- If you are signing in to the Choreo Console for the first time, create an organization as follows:
- Go to https://console.choreo.dev/, and sign in using your preferred method.
- Enter a unique organization name. For example,
- Click Create. This creates the organization and opens the Project Home page of the default project created for you.
- Fork the Choreo examples repository, which contains the sample for this guide.
We can develop tests in a language of our choice and execute them within the Choreo platform.
Create a test runner component using a buildpack¶
- Go to https://console.choreo.dev/ and sign in. This opens the project home page.
- Click +Create in the Component Listing section.
- Click the Test Runner card.
Enter a unique name and a description for the test runner component. For this guide, enter the following values:
Field Value Name Go Test Runner Description Test Runner implemented in Go
Click GitHub tab and enter the following information:
Field Description GitHub Account Your account GitHub Repository choreo-samples Branch
Under Buildpack, select a buildpack based on the language of your choice.
Based on the buildpack you chose, select the relevant tab below and enter the respective values for the Project directory and Go version fields:
For programming languages that doesn't support buildpacks or for advanced use cases, you can define your own Dockerfile and run test workloads. Refer to
for more information. Field Value Postman Directory /postman-collection-dir
You have successfully created a Test Runner component using a buildpack of you choice. Now let's build and run the tests.
Building the test runner component and executing the tests¶
- On the left navigation, click Build.
- Under Builds, click Build.
- Select the latest commit and click Build. Once Choreo completes the build process, you can proceed to the next step.
- On the left navigation, click Deploy.
- In the Set Up card, click Deploy to deploy the test runner component. If you want to provide additional configuration or secrets, use the Configure and Deploy option from the list.
- Once the deployment is successful, on the left menu, click Execute.
- Select the environment from the environment list and click Run Now to trigger a test execution.
- Once the execution is completed it is listed in the execution page. This may take sometime. Once the execution is listed, you can click on a particular execution to view the test result(s).