Careers - Sri Lanka
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to play an important role in supporting WSO2 infrastructure. Your responsibility will be to manage and maintain the global and local infrastructure systems, including Linux based systems, Cloud infrastructure, global network infrastructure, remote and local data centers. We expect a high level of interest to learn and implement new technologies in this varied and complex job role.
Our infrastructure is a mixed environment which includes Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X, where you will also be required to provide hardware and software support. You will be expected to take on work responsibilities that may extend your work hours based on urgency.
- Analyzing and identifying potential issues based on logs.
- Integrating or upgrading existing systems seamlessly.
- Performing backups and routine audits.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, security updates, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software systems.
- User/Role AAA management.
- Documenting the tasks carried out.
- Troubleshooting, identifying, and resolution of any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Bachelor's degree with 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Open Source software.
- Comprehensive understanding of Unix-like systems.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts, OS concepts, and configuration management.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning, monitoring, problem identification, and resolution.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems.
- Sound scripting knowledge on one or more language such as bash, perl, python, php, etc.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work unsupervised on concurrent activities by taking the ownership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.